How to set up a new IMAP e-mail account in Microsoft Outlook 2010
This article is about setting up a new e-mail account with IMAP protocol in the Microsoft Outlook 2010.
If you are starting Microsoft Outlook 2010 first time on your computer you must configure your first account. If you have already configured accounts and use Microsoft Outlook 2010, you can add new e-mail account.
We will set up demo account email@example.com on mail.qsh.eu e-mail server.
E-mail server: mail.qsh.eu – server address used for SMTP, POP3, IMAP and all other services on this server.
SMTP Port: 25
SMTP Secondary Port: 366 - you can use it in case that your ISP is blocking port 25
SMTP SSL Port: 465
IMAP4 Port: 143
IMAP4 SSL Port: 993
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Username: email@example.com – same as sender address !!!
Password: same as password for webmail
You can do this with few steps.
1. Open Add New Account
window from menu File
-> Add Account
2. Check Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click to Next.
3. Click to Internet E-mail and then Next.
4. Enter account information: Your Name, E-mail address, Account type, Incoming and outcoming server – same, User Name, Password.
5. Now you must enable SMTP authentication. Click to More Settings. You will see Internet E-mail Setting windows. Click to Outgoing Server tab and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server. Click to Advanced tab.
6. In the Advanced tab you can change unencrypted connection to encrypted connection using SSL. We recommend it. Just change type in drop-down lists to SSL and change port for IMAP to 993 and port for SMTP to 465. Then you can click to OK and click to Next in Add New Account to finish set up a new e-mail account.
Now you have configured a new e-mail account. If you have still opened Account Settings window, you can Close it. You can check your account by Send/Receive button. Try to send or download messages from your e-mail account.
Email server, Email client
How to set up an email client
Page views: 3687
How to set up a new POP3 e-mail account in Microsoft Outlook 2010